There’s so much adventure for every type and size of family in Branson, it’s no wonder Branson is called the perfect family getaway destination. Branson lodging is the place to start and can be a wonderful experience of its own. The kids, for example, love to stay in the lodges in Stonebridge resort. The amenities at Stonebridge, right across the highway from Silver Dollar City, help make Stonebridge resort huge fun for the kids. There are three great pools, and the kids can enjoy great playgrounds, volleyball, tennis, hiking, fishing, shooting hoops and even catching frogs. The newlyweds or families without kids aren’t left out either, as there are romantic attractions in Branson too.
Some of the reasons why Branson is the perfect family getaway destination are as follows:
- There is a family friendly atmosphere in Branson. This is because Branson as a tourist destination specializes in family oriented attractions and family entertainments. The people are helpful, hospitable and friendly so Branson is not a ‘tourist trap,’ and it does not attract the ‘party’ crowd.
- All of Branson’s entertainment, outdoor activities and attractions appeal to every age so the entire family can have fun together.
- The entire family can enjoy the beautiful scenes from the unspoiled beauty of Bull Shoals Lake, the trout-filled waters of Lake Taneycomo, the 900-mile long shoreline of Table Rock Lake and the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
- Although Branson is small, it boasts more live entertainment than Vegas and Broadway combined with the 36 theatres and over 100 live shows with big name stars!
- There are plenty of outdoor, indoor and on-the-lake attractions and theme parks to choose from with Branson’s theme parks being among the world’s best rated.
- For outdoor fun and entertainment you have many choices. There are popular activities including golfing, diving, scuba, parasailing, bicycling, camping, canoeing, horseback riding, hiking nature trails, fishing, jet skis and boating (rentals are available) and many more. Of course, the lakes and mountains offer countless activities, explorations and adventures.
- Branson is exciting and full of activities, yet with all this, you can still have a great relaxation as the peaceful serenity of the lakes and mountains are mostly within walking distance, or right outside your cabin door.
- If you need the best vacation bargains in America, Branson is the place to go! Branson lodging is affordable, probably having better prices than in your location. And even though attractions and shows come at a price, they mostly are less expensive compared to what you’ll find for the same type of entertainment in other places.
- Because Branson is a small place with a permanent population of less than 5,000 people, everything – attractions, shows, etc. – is close by. In the past it was known for its notorious traffic jam, but due to alternate routes that were built with several millions of dollars, traffic is history except right down the Branson Entertainment Strip during busy times.
- Branson is located right in the heart of America and is within driving distance of over half the families in the country. This is great because most families cannot afford air travel for everyone so having a great place to drive to works well.
- Whatever the mood or intended style of your getaway, Branson has many choices to fit it. There are different styles of lodges and hotels with different ranges of rooms. There are hundreds of specialty shops and 3 sprawling mall outlets making Branson a top shopping destination in America. There are golf courses also, and the list keeps growing.
If you were wondering what to do with the kids when in Branson, here’s a list of a few of our favorites so you never run out of ideas:
- You could take them to the Silver Dollar City. This attraction park aims to time-travel you back into the 1880’s giving you musical shows, restaurants, thrill rides and shops with artisans demonstrating woodcarving, glassblowing and pottery. You’ll also see interpreters in costumes moving around the property to provide a late 1800s atmosphere. For an adrenaline rush, you can brave the famous looping “Outlaw Run” wooden coaster. Or, if you like mystery and an awesome experience, the only really great cave tour in Branson is available inside Silver Dollar City.
- You could also take them aboard the Branson Scenic Railway on a 40-mile long trip through the Ozark country journeying through tunnels and over bridges. They even change the atmosphere to suit the Christmas mood during the holiday season.
- There’s the Titanic Museum waiting to beautifully balance tragedy and amazing history, capturing your imagination in the process (one thing the epic tale of the Titanic has never failed to do). Inside this building façade that replicates the ship you’ll find artifacts from the wreckage and re-created state and steerage room. There’s a gallery paying homage to the eight musicians whose lives were lost playing music till the end just to lend some semblance of calm to the panicked passengers. Some of the somber information may be too much for the younger kids to process so parents need to be aware and prepared.
If you like water, in addition to the lakes and pools, there are great attractions to enjoy with the kids. There’s the 13-acre White Water Branson where riders are launched down two 245-foot water slides and freefall into the pool below. There is the 800-foot lazy river for parents who just want to relax and float with their kids, and the Coconut Cove section caters to toddlers. This section has pint-size slides and splash features.
Finally, there is the Dolly Parton sponsored attraction, Dixie Stampede, which combines horse show with down-home cooking. You also have an opportunity to “Ride the Ducks” while in Branson. The list of things that can be done as a family in Branson is so long that you could stay a month and still be uncertain of what to do next.
When you plan to visit Branson as a family, be sure to let us know what you are looking for and we’ll be glad to help you plan for your great family adventure, one that will create bonding and memories for a lifetime.